Dr Shi Karim
BDS University of Liverpool 2003
My name is Shi Karim, and I am the Clinical Director at Cheadle Hulme Dental and Cosmetics.
I qualified at the University of Liverpool in 2003, and since qualifying, I have attended many post-graduate courses worldwide to further my knowledge in the dental field. I have sat and passed the postgraduate royal college of Surgeons exams and am continually studying, attending courses and pushing myself to further my knowledge in the dental field.
My area of special interest is cosmetic dentistry, and I have helped numerous patients achieve their dream of a new smile. This is using the most up-to-date and technologically advanced treatments available. My preference is to use minimally invasive treatments such as orthodontics and aesthetic composites. Still, I also have a wealth of knowledge in placing veneers, crowns and bridges and implants, and these cases you can see in my smile gallery. I am also renowned for my treatment of nervous patients and pride myself on good communication to help to relieve any dental phobias that they may have. This is why I have received the recognition of being dental phobia certified.
I have completed the following:
- 12-month certificate course with Chris Orr in advanced cosmetic dentistry.
- Academy Periodontal Certificate Course.
- Inman Aligner certification course.
- Invisalign® certification course. I am a platinum practitioner (In order to achieve platinum, a certain number of cases have to be completed every year).
- 12-month orthodontic core of knowledge course with wired orthodontics at the Smile Lounge.
- 12-month Centre for Advanced Dental Education certification course in Dental Implants.
- Wrinkle Softening and Restylane certification course at the Ascot Skin Clinic with David Dean.
- Raj Ahlowalia comprehensive care course.
- Dental Sinus lifting and augmentation course.
- Bounce photography course.
- Smile fast accreditation course.
- Practical implantology.
- Bone manipulation course.
- Ricardo Kern advanced soft tissue course.
- As well as these certification courses, I have attended numerous one or two-day shorter courses and lectures around the UK and abroad.
I am a full member of the British Academy of Cosmetic Dentists and a full member of the Association of Dental Implantology.
In my spare time, I am fanatical about playing and following sports. I visit the gym at 6:00 before work every morning. My belief is that a healthy body also leads to a healthy mind. I am also a very keen Aston Villa supporter (somebody has to be!) I am married to Gemma, who is our marketing manager. We have 2 young children who take up most of our weekends.
I am immensely passionate about dentistry and making sure that our dental practice is constantly thriving for the highest possible standards of dentistry and patient comfort. This passion is reflected in my enthusiasm which will rub off on even the most phobic of patients to ensure a pleasant and pain-free experience.Back to our team
Taking your smile in a positive direction
When it comes to a friendly, caring, and professional dentist in Cheadle Hulme, you won’t find better than Cheadle Hulme Dental and Cosmetics. Why not book an appointment by contacting us directly at 0161 486 0743? We look forward to welcoming you.