Oral piercings have become quite popular due to their unique aesthetic appeal. However, the average dentist will note that they are also associated with risks. A handful of factors to take into account include:
– Some types of oral piercings can inadvertently damage the teeth.
– You always run the risk of developing a serious infection.
– You might also suffer from permanent nerve damage on occasion.
“Playing with the piercing can injure your gums and lead to cracked, scratched or sensitive teeth.”
Additional information into oral piercings can be found here.
Tooth decay and cavities are dental conditions which should always be diagnosed by a dentist. Still, it is wise to understand the fundamental causes, symptoms and treatment options if you hope to protect your teeth at all times.
– Plaque that remains on the teeth will lead to issues such as eroded enamel, cavities and gum disease if left untreated.
– Some common symptoms include increased sensitivity, bad breath, and toothache.
– A dentist can provide options such as x-rays, checkups, and other preventative measures.
“Tooth decay can occur when acid is produced from plaque, which builds up on your teeth.”
Dental implants are the most effective way to restore missing teeth. In order to appreciate why they have become so popular, it is a good idea to quickly list three amazing benefits that would not otherwise be possible.
– Implants mimic the appearance of your natural teeth.
– You will no longer be restricted from eating certain foods.
– Implants are comfortable, easy to maintain, and they can last for decades at a time.
“For people with dentures or missing teeth, eating certain foods can be a near-impossible task.”
Learn why it could be a good idea to speak with your dentist: